Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #11
Jess Hawsen Arown

Note: The Meadowlands recently changed computerized morning line to Dave Brower.

Speaking of Dave Brower, one must question either his integrity or his competence regarding the winner of the 9th race last night at The Meadowlands, IAMMRBRIGHTSIDE N. His comment on the horse's Meadowlands qualifier was that he dropped a lot of time (irrelevant since his first qualifier was on a 46 degree, minus 1 morning at Monticello). He added that he will "take the wait and see approach" while not picking him in the top 4 while making the horse 15-1 morning line. Really?

He qualified in 1:53:4, 17 1/2 lengths behind the winner pacing the last quarter in a subdued 29:2 while facing a field of 1:51 or better pacers. While his very fast down under races might offer some consideration, the seemingly awful qualifier might cause one to wait and see.

Now I cannot verify that Brower watched the qualifier, but to the best of my knowledge, he rarely if ever misses them, especially that he is now on the Meadowlands payroll.

Well, just for giggles, I watched the qualifier (available on the Meadowlands website) and could not wait to bet the horse after seeing it. Turns out the horse fading from second went off stride pushing the third place horse wide and IAMMRBRIGHTSIDE N, sitting 4th, was pushed even wider while on the move and made an uncharted interference break.

Oh boy, 15-1 morning line, we are going to make a score. Yet despite the morning line, the pathetic qualifying line and the negative words from the professional who saw the qualifier, the horse paid a tepid 9-2.

Brower did not do his job properly or he withheld information from the betting public -- especially since replays are available, even in the unlikely event he missed it live. I don't know which one. But there are no other options.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)