Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #25
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
If proven that the horse had a positive and won any purse monies the owner of that horse has to give the purse monies back. Many owners don't research what the vets are giving the horses, as it is 99.9% of all vet work is approved by the trainer and the work is done and 30 days or so later you get a vet bill as an owner.
I guess I was just looking at it from the POV that Florida apparently feels it has no recourse since Vitali is now out of their jurisdiction. As the trainer, they are acting as an agent of the owners who should be ultimately responsible as in most business transactions.

An example which comes to mind, e.g., you hire a tax preparer who "fudges" on certain deductions for you and you pay them and you then sign your return. Whether you were aware or not, the IRS will come after you and the preparer not just the preparer or just you. I would think you can then go after the preparer for damages in Civil Court.

I've mentioned this before that I'm surprised after these incidents are identified and these trainers/veterinarians are assessed penalties they're not sued in Civil Court or at least in Small Claims by the owners and/or losing bettors and/or the other losing owners. This may deter a lot of people of intentionally cheating.

Or, require jockeys, trainers, vets and owners to carry a bond or malpractice insurance. I'm just tired of reading about these incidents with no real solutions.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 05-03-2016 at 08:24 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)