Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #61
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
The Delta owners aren't. They're not among "most tracks". In any event, the amount you specified is far too little. Much more is needed. If you're paying only $1 a start for this, you should expect as much as $1 gets you, which is a candy bar.
I didn't specify anything. Brent did. If it were up to me, I'd institute a one half of one percent (0.005) transaction fee on every component of the industry. From Tapit's $300,000 stud fee down to the $1,000 stud; from the breeder's initial sale of the foal to the pinhooker; from the pinhooker elsewhere, every time the horse changes hands privately or through a claim; then I'd apply the fee to purses, on-and-off track handle. I'm guessing close to $80 million annually could be raised for aftercare, which, in my neck of the woods, would buy a lot of hay, oats, and vet maintenance for the horses that could not be re-homed or re-purposed.

This, of course, is a pipe dream and could never be accomplished without a central governing body.

Mule
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)