Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 07:07 PM   #11
Longshot6977

Exacta will pays

I do this frequently looking for longshots (usually ML's over 7-1 or 8-1) being bet down in the exactas, but still remaining fairly high in the win odds. It works pretty well at T-bred tracks, but watch out in the harness tracks where the high odds drop quickly at post time.

I usually look for a horse that's being bet fairly low in the top or 2nd slot in the exacta (watch the exacta matrix closely for a few minutes), and then bet that horse to win and place. I made a lot of money with this simple technique when Balmoral was open. One night I hit 5 longshots in a row. Ah, the good old days. I use it currently at the Big M, but I think more and more bettors are more savvy to this method nowadays.

The funny thing is, don't look at the past performances to change your bet. Even if you lose the bet, watch how mysteriously good the horse does in the stretch. You can then look at the PP's and wonder what else this driver/trainer or jockey/trainer has today and keep your eyes open for any trends.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)