Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 10:24 PM   #4
Si2see

I use them, but not for handicapping purposes.

Often times you can gauge the action on your horse, especially if you are trying to see the future and get a glimpse of odds board in the following race ( is your 8-1 shot getting pounded in doubles, if so it likely isn't going off at 8-1 ). This helps me in tournament play mostly

The other way I use them is for wagering purposes to weight doubles. Typically I play 1x2 or 2x2 doubles, sometimes different but mainly those options. To give an example I may play one combination for $16 and the other for $6 if both combinations will pay around the same $400

A funny story, the first time I ever met picsix ( we met many years ago on this forum ) in person was at GP. We got crushed wagering that weekend, there were two races left, and I loved a horse in the last race of the day. We pulled up the double probables and saw that my pick was playing like a 10-1 in all of the doubles except one horse was POUNDED with him in the first leg, and this was at the championship meet on a weekend there was a lot of money in the pool. We decided to put almost everything in our pockets on that horse in the last race, we figured it may go off close to the 10-1 ml if we waited, but seeing that one really low payout made us feel like someone knew the horse would run.... It won and paid for the whole weekend.
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)