Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #226
proximity

day 12/13 (th/fr): living with a bankroll on the mend....

ok poker fans we're up early on Thursday morning to pack our bags, checkout of the hotel, and head for the airport.

las vegas has beaten us.

still one more stop on our annual poker vacation though and i'm up early on Friday morning at the turf motel in Charles town.

I've brought little cash and a horrible nagging cough back from vegas and I spend some time tailgating in the racino parking garage with some cheap cough syrup and a monster energy drink. i'm listening to a radio station called true apple country 105.5 and lorrie morgan comes on with I didn't know my own strength:

I've been living with a bankroll on the mend
wondering how will it ever be strong?
I know i'll live to play again
I've just been in vegas too long.....

I take another swig of cough syrup and head into the racino to kickoff the day's gambling with some 3/6 limit action.

I jump out to a $90 lead but losses with AA and KK cut that in half.

several suited aces (that miss everything) later my lead is down to $1 before the blinds take it all away.

I just can't get out of this losing streak no matter what I do and a hand with K7 from late position illustrates my frustrations.

four of us see a flop of Q T 8
and the first two players check to the player on my immediate right who bets.

I raise and EVERYONE CALLS.

of course the board bricks out and the two early players table their hands:

A 8

A 9

the bettor mucks.... he couldn't even beat bottom pair (flop) with an ace kicker and how the other two players call my flop raise??.... I have no idea. it's not like I was using the free card play all game.

moving on in a (very) rare break AT from the big blind outflops AJ to get me back in contention before one final loss with KK seals my fate and I head over to live racing to enjoy my final night of vacation.

thank you for reading.

game -28 (3/6)
2017 vacation:
-768 (10-16)
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)