Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #74
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
I don't think I've disagreed more with a post on here than this in a long time. If you don't know for sure who won, why on earth would you call it? We're not paid to guess, we're paid to describe and be as accurate as we can be.

And yes there is a backlash, it's called pissed off customers! I miss called a photo one time and it was for the place spot, and I got not one, but two phone calls from the other end of the country from guys pissed off who thought they got their exactas. I consider that backlash.

Another point...most announcers booths i've been to, are not right on the wire. in fact, many are not even close. Keeneland the guy is practically at the 1/16th pole. The wire is usually reserved for photo finish office, stewards, tv camera and then the announcer. I'm a good 50 or 60 feet up from the finish. Maybe he is on the wire, but there is no good that comes from guessing a photo if you don't know. JMO.

**Cue Dad complaining about announcers defending other announcers now
How could he not know? There's a large crystal clear huge big screen staring him right in the face, i'm giving him credit for knowing but taking the credit away for not saying. I'd find it hard to believe that an eagle eyed hall of fame announcer can't tell who won when its not all that close. He can even say i THINK so and so won, and he won't even do that...just the canned "too close to call".
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.