Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #69
sour grapes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Saratoga isn't a wonder of modern engineering. Hoover Dam? Sure. But not Saratoga.

It has no charm whatsoever for me. I want to see the horse race, and I like new, beautiful, well designed facilities with great sightlines. I don't like trees, don't like posts, don't like creaky wooden floors, don't like single level structures, and think anything older than 50 years old should probably be torn down unless it is extremely well designed like Hoover Dam or Santa Anita is.

I hate Saratoga. And I am right. It's a terrible place to see a horse race, and it's too bad the best horses in the country don't get a top flight new facility with a big grandstand and beautiful sightlines that they deserve. I hope they tear it down and start from scratch.
I agree on the sightlines but if you ask most people they would say leave it alone,in fact most people are out in the backyard enjoying themselves just fine watching the races on big screens.Your west coast bias is coming thru loud and clear.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most