Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: advertising
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #43
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
I don't think this young man is a good candidate for your target demographic. He is obese, he is beyond pale. Dean, he is the hallmark that exists today for the darkside of computers and gaming. Why am I not surprised he spent his childhood, his adolescence in front of a computer or XBox playing Dungeons and Dragons and eating one meal a day--all day, around the clock? I'm not maligning him, I'm stating the obvious.

Forgive my honesty, but I don't know any other way to be regarding your choice of horseplayers and would be horseplayers.
You didn't like Jimmy Fricke? Sheesh, don't tell him

How about this young man?

He is 23 years old, fit (he speaks of daily workouts on his blog to keep him sharp), he's a well adjusted fella, a computer science graduate, and he had never been to a horse race ever. But last year he saw an ad for a seminar called "Learn to play racing at Betfair". He took it, and three months later learned enough with his software to stop looking for a job. He now plays for a living, after not knowing a fetlock from a hammerlock and contributes thousands a year to purses.

He documents his play on his blog with screen shot and video updates. He has made $225,000 so far this year. In terms of new fans not only is this excellent marketing, he also has become an on track fan on his days off. He brought ten of his young friends to the Cheltanham festival this year, on track, and none of them had ever been to a race.

We brought the track to him, not the other way around with low pricing and an interesting interface, not unlike etrade brought the stock market into a soccer mom's kitchen. Is this a better example than Jimmy Fricke perhaps?

Last edited by DeanT; 05-06-2009 at 02:08 PM.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)