Thread: Max Security
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #39
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
Resurfaces in a 16K claimer.
That is very unfair.

I like Max. He ran on the same track undefeated. I had wanted to see him in a variety of different situations and hope we get to see more In the Derby he weaved (for whatever reason) and crossed in front of other horses and got DQed.... that was the right race for needing some speed.

In the Pegasus, he got compression for the first time, i.e. he had to duel another pace presser, and he lost. But he gave a good account of himself and was brave.

All that means to me is that any horse can be defeated when they are forced to duel with another speedy horse.

There are always horses with a lot of early precocious talent who show up in barns all over the planet, but not all are owned by people like the Wests and/or thus don't get pointed toward big races like the KY Derby. (I thought Alwaysmining was such a horse. Nice horse. But put them up against the big leagues, top trainers and big money barns and you start to see the differences....)

Right now I would like to see more of what Max can do at different tracks this summer and Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Does this mean he wasn't best in the Derby? Of course not
Agree

Last edited by clicknow; 06-16-2019 at 06:25 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)