Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #24
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm city whizz View Post
Monmouth park is finished, like it was said by super pickle everybody tries to come up with a plan but nothing will do anything, still have no idea why people think sports betting will be the savior, maybe stronach can do something but that's prob about it, maybe lights could do something but that's stretching it

Very said indeed, lots of great weekends there with father and friends, I mean what's Salvatore grill look like now? What does the clubhouse reserved look like? Picnic area? Hard pill to swallow and I can see why people that love the place don't like what they are seeing
We can only hope Whizz. It was only a few years ago that I thought, and believe many thought, Maryland was nearly finished. Monmouth needs to hang on, get through the gubernatorial election and hope for the best.

I still believe that a shorter, high quality meet or a few mini-meets a la UK racing is the way to go. There would be so much more energy around 20-30 days of quality racing than there is now, and such a meet would distinguish Monmouth from the other Mid Atlantic tracks. There's nothing wrong with Keeneland's 30 days spread over two meets.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)