Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
ArlJim78

It's too bad he resisted. Its too bad that cops are not trained better to defuse situations like this.
The use of force is often way over the top, like in this case.
I do not for a minute think this was racially motivated.
There are numerous other examples I can post that show police over use of force leading to death or severe injury against white folks. I don't want to though because frankly watching them makes me sick to my stomach, to see some random minor offense like underage drinking or loitering turn into a death scene because the law enforcement officers escalation of the events.
This is mainly about abuse of power.

I also do not believe that it was the choke hold that killed the man. You don't hear him say I can't breathe until they flip him over on to his stomach.
They always do that, slam a person to the ground, put force like a knee to the back and to the head, slamming the face on to the pavement, then shout over and over to put your hands behind your back. At that point a person is just trying to survive and breath and I don't think it's possible to put your hands behind your back. You're trying to keep from being crushed so your hands go to the pavement which they then view as resisting arrest.
If you're young, elderly, out of shape like some homeless, or overweight as in this case, those types of maneuvers can be deadly or impossible to make.

As a very large man myself, I can tell you that if I was slammed to the ground on my stomach with pressure to the back and on my head and with one arm held behind the back, that I'd probably suffocate. You can't draw a breath at that point, your insides are being crushed and your lungs cannot get air.

Then the most galling thing to me, with all those people standing around, the guy stops moving, they know he's injured or dead but do nothing! Everyone just stands around, nobody does a single thing to see if he needs medical attention. IT makes me sick. Shouldn't there be charges for not aiding a citizen in distress? I don't get why everyone stands around looking at what appears to be a now lifeless body. Isn't that something that public service officers are trained to do, to help people needing medical attention?
The only action I saw when the man appears to go limp was the one guy telling people to move back, especially the guy filming, so its clear where the priorities are.

Yes the guy should not have resisted arrest, but there has to be a better way. They could have waited him out. It would be great if this story and others like it would get attention so that police training could be modified, but that's not going to happen because the race grievance industry is all over it now and they're only focusing on the cop using the chokehold when it's so much more than that and not a racial matter.
So while its an outage I'm not sure what the remedy should be. I don't think the one cop should take all the blame when it's part of the whole institutional training that they receive.

Last edited by ArlJim78; 12-04-2014 at 03:06 PM.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)