Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #7288
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Anyhoo the method crashed and burned, and was set aside. I expected better, and and think it can be salvaged with some tweaking. Any suggestions?
Speaking of burnt, I have spent the last 2+ months and a lot -- a lot -- of hours testing systems / spot plays only to find that there's not much out there. Some of it was old stuff I had, and I bought some more recent things to test. Can I get my money back? To be honest, if you think inside the box you are going to land on short-priced horses. There's nothing wrong with that, but the system has to be better than playing the favorite which gets what...37% wins and a .83-ish ROI?

I think some of the algorithms you have in your programs do a real nice job of producing good prices. I don't know those algorithms (obviously), but you probably have some odd combination of things that handicapping "logic" doesn't normally put together. The RTF method you posted uses what most people look at when handicapping -- speed, layoff, trainer rating, up-close, etc. Maybe put some weird angle in there and see what happens.

Last edited by headhawg; 06-13-2021 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added info

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)