Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
NoCal Boy

Very sound arguments from all. I appreciate it. I am merely basing my thoughts on what we know to date. Tracknet has said that 1/3 of gross in not economically feasible, and I believe all ADW's feel the same way. Reports have also indicated Tracknet is only willing to give the THG an extra 1/4% to 4%. This means there is a difference of around 3% between Tracknet/ADW's and THG. Of course Tracknet could go ahead and agree to somthing very close to 1/3 of the gross and force TVG/Youbet and PRC to do the same. However, this runs counter to everything they have stated thus far. Churchill has even gone to lengths and sue the THG et al. Assuming Tracknet is true to its word, and assuming THG is willing to come down to a more reasonable number, then this matter essentially gets resolved with one of the major ADW's becoming willing to pay that price, be it 4.5%, 5.% or whatever.

I am a horseplayer. The vast majority on this board are horseplayers. While I am just as disturbed as to what is going on as others here, I also love to play the game and will continue to find tracks and races to play. I believe I am in the huge majority. Despite all the supposed problems in racing, if all ADW's and simulcast sites had acess to all tracks, the handles would increase over current levels. It will eventually come to that soon. How soon is the question.

Good handicapping today. My Youbet screen is full of tracks to play, as TVG and Twinspires are as well. I want this settled, but I am not going to allow this impasse to affect my enjpoyment in playing the ponies.
NoCal Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)