Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 02:11 PM   #27
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Win, win/place, 1 unit win, 3 units place at 9-2 or higher.
Sometimes exactas, maybe a double, but it's not often I see two bettable races in a row anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
The exacta is still a good wager. You can win even if your horse doesn't win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The exacta. It's economical, and it has retained its value...unlike the trifecta, the pick-3 and the superfecta...which now pay only a fraction of what they used to pay. Whenever a newcomer asks me for betting advice in this game...I tell him to stick with the exactas exclusively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
I do think doubles if played selectively may present some of the best value in the game. It's a short enough sequence where if you beat a favorite you can have some very nice doubles going and it isn't so long of a series that you're almost sure to have an underlay mixed in there somewhere to dilute your value like in the longer horizontals.

So for me, win first then exactas or doubles depending upon the situation at hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shout1966 View Post
I say doubles make up about 95% of my wagers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
There are about 20 tracks where win bets showed a profit in the last year. No other bet showed a profit for me.

Some experienced Horseplayers here at PA

Win first = simple, concentrated reflection of your opinion. Some advocate 'investing' over 'speculating' and if that's possible in horse racing, that style would be Win Betting.

Exacta and Doubles - A lot of us occasionally find plays here as sort of a bread and butter. Some look exclusively to an Ex or DD.
-These are solid wagers. For one thing, (other than some Pick5s and special wagers or carryovers) the Exacta and the Double are the only decent Takeout% offerings other than Win Place Show, and the Ex DD offer some chance at getting an acceptable return.
A single win overlay and a correct second piece is enough to get fair value or better. Two strong overlays for First-Second exacta or First-First in a DD can sometimes produce exponential value.

» Advertisement