Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 11:07 AM   #71
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Andy Serling has done a nice job of highlighting interesting/useable mid-range prices, and pointing out overpriced contenders.

Especially lately, his show with The Big A, has been less about trying to pick the most likeliest winner of every race, but more about value considerations.

Good food for thought, as sometimes they win, sometimes they fill out a Tri, sometimes I disagree (while exercising the thought process involved in handicapping a consideration or trip). Just as valuable are the same considerations for say why a Chalk or a 2nd-choice is likely to be overbet.

Nice group of people, and in addition to the Racing Stars that we recognize at first glance, they have some solid Horseplayers of the type that we'd enjoy breaking down a card with on the show. I've been fortunate to meet a few, and they genuinely do a nice job, with insights, and often knowledge of a home track.
The NYRA guys are the only handicappers where I feel like it's two really knowledgeable players talking like we used to at the track in the "old days" (actually Andy and Anthony are quite a bit smarter than the people I hung out with). Part of that is there being two of them, of course, so it's a conversation, but you can tell they've done their homework and they're clever. Maggie is great too, excellent observations and she's right quite often (plus I have no skills in that area so her opinions are valuable).

Also, for a single track, Brad Thomas is as good as anyone in the game. If it's Monmouth, he knows the deal.

No disrespect to your show Robert as I haven't listened to it enough to have an opinion yet.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)