Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #28
BlueShoe

Quadruple Header--Sort of.

August in the mid or late 70's. Up very early. Drive from Glendale to Mexican border. Park on US side and walk to the TJ downtown Caliente Foreign Book before 9:00AM to bet Keystone, Saratoga, and other East and Midwest tracks. Back across the border and drive to Del Mar, miss the first race or two, no matter, no interest in them. In between races find a couple of quarter horses I really like that night. After DMR drive to Los Alamitos and stay until the last race. Drive to downtown LA and stop at a bar that is a horseplayer and gamblers hangout, now about midnight. As I enter the bar I hear one of my friends call out "here comes our fourth player, now we can start the game." After a couple of beers go to a pals place and play poker all night, game breaks up well past dawn the next day. Have now been in action for 24 hours straight. Was a winner in all four places. Go home and collapse, but so tired have trouble sleeping. When I recall such behavior today, am more convinced than ever that surely I must have been crazy, and likely still am.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)