Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Revolutionary
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #56
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnollfan
Trinniberg did win a Breeders' Cup race. There have been far worse Derby entrants.
I won't disagree that there have been worse Derby entrants but you might as well add that he helped force the pace for 7f while ignoring his fade to 17th place or that his BC win was the Sprint.

They ran a horse that had never raced beyond 7f in a 10f race and the predictible happened. Was he the worst starter ever? Probably not. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he shouldn't have been in the gate and wouldn't have under today's rules.

I wasn't a fan of the changes when they came out but I've been persuaded by events. It would be great if they could make accomodations for a filly and the Illinois Derby exclusion was petty. But I think you'll see better quality in the starting gate under this system than you would have under graded stakes earnings.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)