Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Revolutionary
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #49
Tread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
The trouble is, it wasn't broke, but CD "fixed" it anyways.
I think if I owned the filly, and saw that commanding performance, I would be thinking Derby, but now, no such luck. I don't think going in to that race it was clear she could handle the Derby, but now.....we will never know because CD is run by nitwits.

Don't the FANS lose in this case?

Support the Illinois Derby - bet it heavy, and no bets on any CD tracks that day.
How can any sane person possibly have this opinion? It was INCREDIBLY broke. Under the old system, you'd have the top 3 finishers in last years BC Juv, an abysmal, glorified allowance race containing horses who couldn't even sniff the top 15 or 20 in a Derby field, as automatically qualifying entrants for the Derby gate.

The new system is certainly far from perfect and needs tweaking, but to imply that the old system was not broke is beyond laughable. Their handling of the Illinois Derby was undoubtedly petty, but overall has a very minor impact on the integrity of the system. Overall, with all of those things in context, it does a FAR better job of putting horses who are likely to do well in the Derby in the Derby gate than the old system did.
Tread is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)