Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #9
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
I wanted to let you all know that my dear friend, Joanied, and a member of this forum, has passed away.

For Joanied, horses were in her blood, her heart, and her soul. She was an incredibly hard worker, a friend to all animals esp. horses, and a delightful person in general.

She loved to talk about horses, horseracing, and anything connected to our sport, and she had an deep reverence for all that this encompassed. She shared a lot of that with us here and it came through so genuinely.

I learned much about horses from Joanied, and a lot about keeping a cheery attitude.

She had a tremendous amount of gratitude for the opportunity to own and be around her beloved horses. She once wrote, when people remarked on what loving care she gave her thoroughbreds:
"My mares may be lucky to have me....just as I'm sure every horse owned by someone is lucky to have them...but you know what....I am the lucky one...I've been blessed with wonderful mares that made my Foolish Dreams come true!

RIP my dear friend. I hope you are riding a gentle shedrow pony on the backside in Heaven. You will be so deeply missed.
What a wonderful piece to remember your and our friend Joanied.
Very well written - my best wishes to you and all that knew Joanied personally. I remember her posts here well, and her love for the horse.
RIP

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)