View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Kimsus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
http://www.insidesocal.com/horseraci...ment-dela.html

Excerpt:

Charles said Stronach is due in town shortly and that an announcement will be made at that time. It will be dirt, because there's no way in heck Stronach will OK another synthetic, but no track official will confirm that dirt will be the new racing surface. Charles announced on Jan. 18 that the track would replace its current synthetic Pro-Ride surface at the end of the meet and at the time expected to have a decision in a matter of days, not weeks.

Meanwhile, some in the Santa Anita press box were second guessing the decision to go back to dirt over the weekend, claiming the sealed tracks will lead to the type of breakdowns that plagued the SoCal tracks before the synthetics.
I'm always a couple steps ahead of people here that were so gung ho about returning to dirt without looking at the consequences, I raised this point continually last week. What can I say I am that sharp.
Kimsus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)