Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 07:36 AM   #32
LongShot_Louie

Couple of questions

Let me say, I am new to these forums. Actually, Ive been away from them for a number of years. While I tend to agree with the poster who wrote:

There might be better ways to handicap races than what most of us are doing, but trying to eek out (very) slightly more accurate numbers seems like a waste of time.

I do find these discussions of academic interest. Besides you never know when you might learn something. But to my questions.

First, could you explain this line in your post?

Keeneland 6f......22.65......46.00......70.59 (2014 to 2017) 49 races

Are these the average call times for 6f races at Keenland? Is 49 the sample size you have for Keenland 6f races? If so, how many tracks are you trying to model and what are their corresponding sample sizes? I ask because this segues directly into my second question. How large is your database? More specifically, how many races in your DB fit the sampling criteria you have laid out?

Thanks
LongShot_Louie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)