Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #15
the_fat_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindouble
The future of horse racing in my opinion is solely based on fan growth, that's the area they have failed on miserable for so many years. We need new and innovative ideas to reverse that trend and I think players can play a part to reach that goal.
I'm reading the same things over and over here and now you're even on board? How exactly does racing grow a fan base? "You make the game EASIER so that it takes LONGER for 99% of the bettors to lose their money." This is fine in theory but why would anybody but a degenerate ever want to play a game as difficult as this? The fans of the golden eras of racing were either recreational players, that went to the track for big races or degenerates. Argue all you want but the dude that introduced me to the game was a degenerate. He'd hit every so often but he would never be able to win in the long run --- rebate or otherwise. And, here's some enlightenment: I don't foresee much reduction in the DEGENERATE POOL. In fact, with all the gambling crazed Asians already in the US (and the millions more expected) we'll have more than our share of DEGENERATES in the years to come.

The setup is definitely UNFAIR. But it's not unfair in terms of TAKEOUT. You can still win if you have the ability. The real issues are the benefits that WHALES get and the hoarding of inaccurate data. All the rest is just squealing from those unable to beat the game the way it's set up. It's one thread after another about takeout and poly and track practices. Just the way things are. The real challenge is BEATING the game with all these obstacles. That's what makes it the ultimate challenge. Rather than squealing, those that can't cut it either need to step up their game a bit or just stop playing. I'm sure their seat will be taken by a DEGENERATE. How does anyone here focus on handicapping?

Last edited by the_fat_man; 10-16-2009 at 07:39 PM.
the_fat_man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement