Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
andymays
Veteran

CALIFORNIA HORSE RACING: This mess keeps getting messier!

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/sports/ci_13574049

By Art Wilson

Excerpt:

Wow, and I thought my bank account was in disarray.

Raise your hand if you think the California horse racing industry could get any more messed up than it already is today.

Didn't think so.

Let's start with two of the licensed Advance Deposit Wagering companies.
I'm no genius, but it seems to me this is a sport that should be bending over backward to attract new fans. Yet TVG continues to gauge its customers by charging them a small surcharge per bet and then making them pay even more if they want to watch their horses run on the Internet.
But at least TVG knows how to distribute its product, unlike Horse Racing TV, which continues to snub its nose at DirecTV and its potential 18 million viewers.

Santa Anita president Ron Charles has been telling me for three or four years now that it was only a matter of time before HRTV and DirecTV reached an agreement, and yet we're still waiting for that announcement.

Of course, TVG and HRTV don't have a monopoly when it comes to head-scratching decisions.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/sports/ci_13574049
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)