Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #56
riskman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
i think some of us internet- savvy players would be surprised that it isn't just the the worst of the OTB, or most degenerate compulsive gambler crowd that it isn't aware of takeout or its effects. I do understand that it is "reckless" to take part in this game without looking up the "rules".
However a moderate portion of the pool monies is probably comprised of guys who know it's somewhere around 20%, who would be concerned if they learned they were getting a worse deal, and who have some self control to comparison shop if they are being abused by certain racetracks business model.
Most of my wagers are made from home on the internet. The once a week that I visit the local OTB/Pub is basically the only exposure that I have with other players.(except for this forum)
Very rarely do I attend the track anymore. In 2009 went to Mth once ,Saratoga, 3x, Belmont and Aqu once.
The players that I encounter at OTB are not handicappers in any sense of the word. They go in have a few beers and wager exactas, and TRI's for small amounts. It is entertainment and social contact for a few hours. If they win great,-- they buy you a drink --they lose-- tomorrow is another day.Reduced takeout is not an issue for them, although it would keep them in the game longer without knowing it. Just don"t know how much money is wagered on line and what type of players do it by volume. Does anyone have figures for wagers on track off track by internet or phone. For instance if you have a NYRA account is the wager considered on track volume since you have to be a NY resident to have a NYRA account. There must be other states with similar situations.
Any figures out there on who, where and how the wagers are made?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)