Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Parlay Betting
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeout
Steph Beattie went 3-for-3 at CT last Sunday, her owner Robert Cole going 2-for-2. I always think of parlays after the fact! “Coulda” made some little dough into some bigger dough though there are obvious limits due to the size of the pools (puddles?) at CT, not to mention the extra takeout because they don’t have the bet and it would have to be done manually.

Great score, andymays. If you had had to do it manually do you think you would have, after hitting for so much in the first leg? I’m thinking the being “locked in to it” part may be a good thing. I’ve cost myself in the past by not having the nerve to go through with it. My “bird in the hand” thinking took over and I “forgot” that it was supposed to be considered ONE bet.

I would not have parlayed the whole thing. It would depend on how I was doing for the day but I know I would have put at least half of the money on the second Horse. But when you make a parlay you have to be prepared to get sick if you end up with a bunch of money going on a Horse that washes out or acts badly when he comes out on the track. But that's the same with pick 3's,4's,and 6's!

It's a funny story because I wasn't sure post 9-11 if they would make me sign something for the cash even though it wasn't a signup.

Takeout sometimes you get a feeling with a certain Trainer having a couple of interesting horses on the day or something like that. In my case both were gelded and going up in class with good trainers and good works since last race!

Last edited by andymays; 07-28-2009 at 08:38 PM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)