Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #175
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirisClown
Unfortunately I'm back with an update..

Mende contacted me today with a threatening/intimidating email stating he is going to shut the channel down again unless I meet a slew of silly demands he has....

So.. if it comes up suspended soon, you'll know why and who is responsible.

Just one of them..

"Commercial use of any race-related videos contributed by me, or commercial spin-off venture in any form, would require permission from the video's original owner (Jeff Mende)"
Jim,

I just saw this post. You may be interested in the following definition of COMMERCIAL USE.

A commercial use is one which is undertaken for a business purpose, rather than hobby, recreational, educational, or other purposes. Such uses are usually attributed to a for-profit entity, rather than an individual, university or other educational institutions, or non-profit organizations (such as public libraries, charities, and other organizations created for the promotion of social welfare).

It would appear that your channel(s) do not perform for profit, correct?? If so, you are not subject to the commercial use laws, as you provide the videos under the hobby/recreational aspect of use. Mr Mende is offbase once again.

Tom
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)