Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 07:01 AM   #25
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

My problem with all this is that the big platforms are cancelling people with the reason that those people are spreading lies, that Big Tech is the Ultimate Protector of the Truth, and we must abide by their Protection. I never voted for, nobody ever appointed them to decide what is real and what is not. Fact-checking is a joke.

I realize that they have policies against harassment and other personal threats and stuff like that (that don't get administered evenly, apparently), and there's nothing wrong with that. But I think it's foolish to compare behavior on a message board to platforms that can stifle the free flow of information.

But setting themselves up as the High Solons of Truthiness is way too Orwellian for me; especially since lies like Russia Russia Russia, Chancellorsville, and a dozen other tropes are still out there. Two plus two does not equal five, and I resent being othered if I refuse to accept that it does. And that is what is happening now to a big chunk of our population, and an even bigger chunk of the voting population.

It amazes me anyone can be all right with that. I can't believe that anyone can be so short-sighted as to not see where cancel culture meeting prior restraint leads to, and it's uncivil abridgement of our rights. And I'm not buying the argument that as private companies they can do what they want without regard to the First Amendment; that's not my point. My point is the next step, and the next step, and the next one......
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)