Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #47
chadk66

back in the 80's I had several horses that ran on lasix in some jurisdictions and couldn't in others based on how the rules were then. I can tell you those horses did just as well when they didn't run on lasix as when they did. In fact one of them won by an enormous amount while not on lasix. Best race he's ever ran by a mile. You will never convince me it's a performance enhancer. There are numerous ways to make a horse lighter in weight. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the definitions of "sprung weight" and "unsprung weight". If so you'll understand why 20lbs less on a horse via it's body weight is nothing compared to carrying 20lbs less. That being said, what difference does it make anymore when 99% of the horses run with lasix. They should be breaking track records left and right.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)