Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 06:45 AM   #77
proximity

serious poker hero call at borgata......

ok poker fans our excitement continues at the borgata where, despite grabbing a high hand, we've yet to pick up a game win on the trip.

we'll try one final time in a 3/6 game featuring two donkeys, one playing (but not raising) pretty much every hand.

in a continuing 2017 theme the game goes bad.

oh, we get some cards this time.

unfortunately though they're mostly high red ones that see low black flops.

with a 76 of spades from the hijack though we're looking for yet another low black flop after another raise from the blinds sweetens the pot.

flop: 972

i actually may have bet this flop..... i can't completely remember the action.

i do remember overcards on the turn and river checking around.... at least until the river (aforementioned donkey playing every hand) bet from the button.

everyone folds here, including apparently JJ, and i'm put to a serious poker decision here with my 76. i end up making the winning call and (gasp!!) becoming a threat to actually get back in the game!!

and what a game it is.

on a board of JT98X a man with KQ is raising back and forth against donkey number two who also must have KQ when it gets over $30 right?

eventually to "save time" KQ "just calls."

donkey #2 tables Qx !!

free lesson: NEVER....EVER.... "just call" with the nuts in limit hold em! (you're welcome)

anyhow, i'm supposedly back in the game but the "hot cards" now go cold and i'm mostly a spectator the rest of the way.

it's yet another loss at the borgata.

maybe i'll have better luck at harrah's??

game -72 (3/6)
year -1206 (26-27)
bonus 0 (470)

Last edited by proximity; 04-26-2017 at 06:51 AM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)