Old 02-25-2018, 09:47 PM   #24
ultracapper

Santa Anita 3/2/2018

1st- 9 horse field
2nd- 5 horse field
3rd- 5 horse field
4th- 9 horse field ($20K MCl)
5th- 9 horse field

If I can toss the favs in races 1-3 and I can nail the 1st down to 3 horses or less, single one of the 5 horse fields with confidence and narrow the other to 2, the 4th has a Pegram/Baffert, that without even looking at the form very well may be a free space at these conditions, I may play a P5 using all in the 5th. I handicap the conditions of the 1st 4 races on a regular basis and very seldom even peek at what is carded for the 5th. Have to be able to toss favs in the first 3 anyway, and singling one of either the 1st or 4th (assuming the 4th may be a freebie), I might consider it.

Max of $54 for a buck. Would go over $54 @ $1 if Baffert is hyped and can be tossed. I would consider going 2X3 in the 1st and 4th and 1X2 in the 5 horse fields to * in the 5th if I know Baffert will be odds-on and can be tossed. That would be $108 @ $1.

Not often I play these elongated horizontals just because I seldom see 4 races clumped together like these first 4 Friday. Would never make a bet like this if I had to use * twice or had to 'cap a race out of my comfort zone.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)