Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #65
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Light,

To be fair, many of these users are not really playing to beat the world. Sure, they want to be competitive, but their agendas are not the same as guys like you and me.

That is not to say that someone cannot figure out a way to win long-term with such a program, but the typical player is just not going to hand-test 3,000 races to make sure it works before trying it with real money. (And why should they?)

IMHO, the important thing here is that the design of the software clearly fits into the mindset of a great many handicappers (as does the price). Personally, I like the way the data is formatted.

If I were to say that there is no empirical proof of the validity of the method(s), factors, etc., a logical response would be, "So what?"

Dave

What I find dishonest is the "I caught this or that horse here and there". I have a simple experiment. I can say my system is to bet every #5 horse. I can get a lot of claims like "I had the #5 at Laurel for $38, thanks for your system". Or "I had the 5-5 Double at GG. You're the best." It's hype and dishonest because its taken out of context of the larger picture.

We all have good days betting and so do software programs, but what counts is the consistency. I saw many cop outs by the author of the program as he started 3 different bankrolls $1000,$500 (twice) and abandoned all of them due to poor performance.

I called him on it and the only explanation he could give was name calling and anger. Very unprofessional and revealing for someone in business as you are aware of I'm sure.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)