Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The All Play
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 10:32 AM   #27
Si2see

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Funny...the exact same thing happened to me. I had left only two horses out of the last leg of a Pick-4, and the ignored horses finished 1-2...triggering a monster payoff. I friend who looked at my racing form and saw the lines across only those two horses thought that I hit the huge exacta. But the experience reinforced my opinion to never use the all-button in the future. With my luck, I was sure that it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...and I missed it. Truth be told, I've used the all-button in a few horizontal bets over the years...hoping to relive that fateful day. Without fail...the favorite won every time.

Thask,

I am in the same boat of having all in the last leg for a possible huge score, and the favorite wins more often than not. A few times I have hit the longer price.

However on the flip side of the coin, Several times I have made it to the last leg for a MONSTER payout, not having the favorite, and of course the favorite pops me for several thousand.

There are two exact scenarios I can recall.

We did a few 3 way split pick4's in vegas at a contest, hit the first 3 legs lowest price 6-1 highest 21-1 on a $40.50 play.

Last leg we were three deep second choice 9k, third 10-1 18k, 23-1 28k, all payoffs for 50 cent. Of course the favorite wins and pays $4800 and we didn't have it.

Another time when Royal delta's first breeders cup win. I ran second and third in the last leg of the pick4.

Basically what I am getting at is often times without all in the last leg ( I rarely use it in other legs of the ticket ), I am not good enough to seal the deal, as we all know it is tough to hit 4 winners in a row, especially 4 straight price horses.
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)