Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #13
Form W-2G

Question Resolved

To their credit, Brisnet got back to me fairly quickly to clarify their first response with something that was reasonable, at least to me. Apparently when there isn't data available to calculate an Average Race Rating (in this case, the horse never ran the distance, yet showed an ARR of 117) the default is the Bris Pedigree Rating. Sure enough, the horse's Pedigree Rating is ... 117.

Interesting to note that the Bris Pedigree rating must consider the dam's sire (or both dam and dam's sire, or just dam?). While CURLIN has sired KING ZACH along with 3 other horses entered in the Travers this year, only ZACH sports a Bris Pedigree Rating of 117 (the highest of the four entries sired by CURLIN).

Thanks to Tammy S from Brisnet Player Services for clearing this up and restoring my faith in Bris Race Rating figures.
Form W-2G is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)