Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #5
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
All figures should be taken with a grain of salt and that's how I use them. The anomaly may be an adjustment because of the uncommon race distance.

Also there is potential for confusion with the ARR and the Avg Dist/Surf figures.

King Zachary has a 117 ARR but only an 89 Avg Dist/Surf. So those two figures although defined by Bris as similar, are different. Also note that King Zachary never ran 1 1/4 distance so there again Bris leaves you to wonder how they came up with an 89 for him at the Avg Dist/Surf when he never ran the distance.

I use the race summary section as my main form of handicapping data, but only in races with a common distance, surface and age where the data would be sufficient to minimize errors. No way can you rely on any data for 3yo's going 1 1/4 miles and the results proved that.
At the risk of drawing out a relatively trivial issue, it seems odd that people would confuse ARR, which is a class rating, with AVG. Dist/Surf ratings which are based on speed/pace figures. They measure different things and are on different scales. The only thing they have in common is the word average.

Maybe the confusion is between the Average Class Rating of last 3 races(118) and the Average Race Rating (116), so they are splitting the difference and averaging the 2 to 117.

Or maybe it was simply a typo,

Last edited by bobphilo; 08-27-2018 at 02:16 PM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)