Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 04:51 PM   #3877
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinBilly View Post
I've heard that before a few times over the decades. You sound like a guy that is trying to do his little part to Bear the market.

Do you realize how many millions of 401k and retirement accounts are invested in Mutual Funds? Certainly some are conservative with bond/equity split, but equities are still being invested in. That alone will help stabilize the markets over time. People are not going to stop investing in the market in their 401k and retirement accounts because the market is correcting now. And they sure as hell aren't going to pull their money at a loss and put it into a .5 percent savings account. Many can't, as they are locked into their 401k. All they can do is sit and ride it out.

And as a side bar, I have a Vanguard fund now that is actually performing incredibly well. Actually, it's blowing me away. It's almost at a 9 percent GAIN in the last four months. That's one fund manager that knows how to invest in a correcting market.

Like all things, the market is cyclical. I filter the doom and gloom because it is all speculation.
in every bear market there is always something or some sector that does well. also bear markets usually don't last as long as the bull market. the problem is that the leaders in the prior bull market aren't usually the same things as what takes the market up in the future.
i am the first to admit that i hope i am wrong and that the stocks that exist now bring the S+P to over 10,000 in less than 3 years. that way everyone will be happy.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement