Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #25303
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Even if you have flesh and blood enemies are you not commanded to love them?
Love isn't the issue. A non-sequitur. You said Christians' enemies aren't flesh and blood, which again makes you a liar or proves again that you're woefully ignorant of scripture since the bible teaches differently.

I am not an enemy of Christ, so what is your point. Not believing what you say does not make me an enemy of Christ.

Quote:
I told you ask Jesus. Are you saying St. John, who is in heaven too, lied? You are actually calling St. John and Jesus liars. When you get to see Jesus and you will you can ask him why he said If you don't eat his flesh and drink his blood you have no life in you. I am sure you will find out on judgment day if it is a perquisite or not. Maybe you can explain why you followed the disciples that left him, because the teaching was too hard and did not stay with the apostles and Jesus.
I'm asking you because YOU are the one who quoted the passage. So, explain it to us. Why don't you explain it? How was the thief saved if he had to cannibalize Christ? Or how were the folks in John 6 saved since they had to cannibalize Christ?

Quote:
So you believe the pagans that Christians are cannibals. Not very surprising.
No, I believe your LITERAL interpretation of the John 6 passage is beyond absurd. Anyone who interprets Jesus' words literally can only logically conclude that He was teaching cannibalism. "Eat my body, drink my blood" -- and these were words spoken long before the Last Supper. Communion wasn't instituted until the night before Jesus died. So...in John 6 Jesus could only have been teaching cannibalism. Those verbs "eat" and "drink" are in the PRESENT tense. Jesus wasn't inviting his hearers to eat and drink at some future date. A literal interpretation can only mean that Jesus was inviting his disciples to chow down on him right there and then and to sip his blood through a straw.

So, tell us how is it possible the thief on the cross could have been saved? How did the thief manage to cannibalize Christ?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)