Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 10:38 PM   #25302
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
My enemies are the enemies of Christ. Christ and I have the same enemies. Christ taught that the world (flesh and blood) would hate his disciples just as it hated him.
Even if you have flesh and blood enemies are you not commanded to love them?

I am not an enemy of Christ, so what is your point. Not believing what you say does not make me an enemy of Christ.

Quote:
Well, you're singing a different tune now because yesterday you said, "apparently there is something more than just faith". But that's all they told the jailer -- to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. So...is there something more?
That is what I said yesterday, so no I did not change any tune. You apparently don't read what is actually written to you or you lack comprehension skills.

For example:
Quote:
It's not a meaningless answer.
It was meaningless in relation to my question. You take statements out of context and you expect us to trust your infallibility of your interpretations.

Quote:
Who knows what the "time frame" is for regeneration, other than the fact that unlike election which takes place in eternity, regeneration occurs in this age. Election is by divine decree. Regeneration is experiential and life-transforming.
Why bring this up? I already said it was my mistake? Do you like beating a dead horse?

Quote:
So you don't know or won't tell us if the sacrament of Communion is a prerequisite for salvation? Again, what about the repentant thief on the cross: Did he somehow extricate himself from his cross tol literally cannibalize Christ and suck on his blood, and then crawl back up on his cross, afterward? Or did one of the cowardly apostles show to give the thief Communion? Maybe John served it up?
I told you ask Jesus. Are you saying St. John, who is in heaven too, lied? You are actually calling St. John and Jesus liars. When you get to see Jesus and you will you can ask him why he said If you don't eat his flesh and drink his blood you have no life in you. I am sure you will find out on judgment day if it is a perquisite or not. Maybe you can explain why you followed the disciples that left him, because the teaching was too hard and did not stay with the apostles and Jesus.

So you believe the pagans that Christians are cannibals. Not very surprising.

Quote:
Unless you're omniscient like God you don't know, except in the most general terms as those are revealed in scripture. You have no idea where any of your deceased fellow Catholics are.
That is not the point at all. When you were asked why you don't believe in asking saints in heaven for intercessory prayers, you replied we don't know who is in heaven. Which is a lie, we know for certain that specific people are in heaven and they are living and you can ask for their intercessory. prayers.

Quote:
So, what did you ask the Eternal Father?
I told you. Don't you remember?

Quote:
But I am an organic part of the Church. The church is not a building as you seem to think.
Quote me. I like to see where I implied the Church is a building. You do understand what the "visible" Church means? It does not mean a building, if that is what you believe I meant.

The important part is you are one part of the Church. One part organic or not does not equate the whole. A little toe is part of the foot which is part of the body. A little toe, attached to a foot does not make the body, it does not even make a foot.

Just as a little toe is not the body nor the foot, you are not the Church. You are not the pillar and foundation of truth. I or nobody else is required to accept you and especially your infallible interpretation as truth.

Quote:
Paul never taught that only the demons are our enemies. Instead what he taught is that the Christians' real warfare is not against flesh and blood. I never said I was at war with you or at war with any unbeliever.
You sure act like you are at war with everyone. Regardless you are commanded to love your flesh and blood enemies.

Quote:
What must we do to be saved? What must we do to be justified in God's eyes? You obviously don't agree with what was said to the jailer. So, what is your version of the gospel?
Why do you say I don't agree with what was said? Why don't you tell me the exact words Apostle Paul told the jailer and his family when he spake about the Lord.

This is what my Bible states:

32 They spoke the word of the Lord[f] to him and to all who were in his house. 33 At the same hour of the night he took them and washed their wounds; then he and his entire family were baptized without delay.

Apparently your Bible is more in depth, so tell me what does your Bible state that I am missing. Which version of the Gospel did Paul use? Did he use Mark's? Probably not, the Pauline Churches were partial to Matthew? Maybe he used Luke's or maybe he used John's Gospel? Maybe he used his own? So tell me what he actually said to the jailer when Paul spake about the Lord.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)