Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #25299
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
A

A meaningless answer as I never asked you about love and faith. I asked you about if loving God is required before you are saved. It is impossible to have a civil conversation with you.
It's not a meaningless answer. Faith always works through love because the Holy Spirit is love; and it's simply not possible for any indwelt believer to not love God.

Quote:
The misunderstanding about when regeneration takes place is on me. I was not clear enough. I wanted to know the time frame and not the sequence of events. So my fault mea culpa.
Who knows what the "time frame" is for regeneration, other than the fact that unlike election which takes place in eternity, regeneration occurs in this age. Election is by divine decree. Regeneration is experiential and life-transforming.

However, I am sure even without out knowing what Apostle Paul actually stated when he spoke to the jailer, that Paul told the Gospel which Jesus personally taught Paul. Not only did they not lie, they baptized him.

Well, you're singing a different tune now because yesterday you said, "apparently there is something more than just faith". But that's all they told the jailer -- to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. So...is there something more?

Quote:
Tell me the exact words you seem to know they spake according to verse 32. Did they just say "word of the Lord"?
Why don't you quote verse 32 for us out of your version of the bible?

Quote:
So we are back to that you are the pillar and truth, you are infallible and every other preacher who claims their source of authority to interpret Scripture comes from the Bible is wrong and should bow to you. And you say I have a high opinion of myself. I have news for you boxcar I caught on about you long ago.
I never said I was infallible. You are putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
No. However it tells us specific people who are and if you believe Jesus all those who were martyred, losing their earthly lives for Jesus sake have received life. So why do you continue to say we don't know who is heaven. We may not know everyone that is heaven, but we certainly know some. Knowing that God is the God of the living we can be confident in that knowledge.
Unless you're omniscient like God you don't know, except in the most general terms as those are revealed in scripture. You have no idea where any of your deceased fellow Catholics are.

Quote:
That you have to ask Jesus. I said according to Jesus you have no life in you. John, in his Gospel, recorded Jesus' words about not having life if you don't eat his flesh and drink his blood. So according to Jesus you have no life in you and thus you are spiritually dead, because you are certainly alive in your flesh or you would not be posting.
So you don't know or won't tell us if the sacrament of Communion is a prerequisite for salvation? Again, what about the repentant thief on the cross: Did he somehow extricate himself from his cross tol literally cannibalize Christ and suck on his blood, and then crawl back up on his cross, afterward? Or did one of the cowardly apostles show to give the thief Communion? Maybe John served it up?

Quote:
I have a lot of faith in Jesus and the weight of his glory he carries with the Eternal Father. Jesus said anything you ask of the Father, in my name, will be given to you. I asked the Father to forgive you in the name of Jesus. You don't believe Scripture do you?
So, what did you ask the Eternal Father?

Quote:
Interesting, you bring the exact same charge of cannibalism against Christianity as the pagan Romans did.
Of course! Who wouldn't since you interpret Jesus' words literally?

Quote:
Obviously I do. That is how I know your teachings are not infallible and there is no Scriptural truth in you. Which is evidenced by your jeering at the idea the Eternal Father would grant you forgiveness for your false accusations against me, as asked in the name of Jesus. Did you forget I always ask you the source of your authority to teach and interpret Scripture?
I am the child of the Eternal Father and a priest of the Most High. That's my authority.

Quote:
Do I have to quote you again, or did you forget when you called me a liar before regarding your infallibility?
Sure, quote me. I never said my interpretations were infallible.

Quote:
You are not the Church, you maybe a part of the Church. I am a priest of the royal priesthood too. I can offer a sacrifice of praise, spiritual sacrifices directly to the Most High God. That is why the Eternal Father will grant my prayer of forgiveness for you, because of my royal priesthood through Jesus.
That's right. And as a member of the Body of Christ, I have all the authority I need from scripture to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Quote:
However, a stone is not the complete structure and therefore by itself is not the pillar and foundation of truth.
But I am an organic part of the Church. The church is not a building as you seem to think.

And you tell me you believe Scripture. Tell us again the chapter and verse which teaches boxcar is the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Exactly, that is why I belong to the Catholic Church. There is a visible Church. The visible Church built upon Peter, founded by Jesus per the will of the Eternal Father and empowered by the Holy Spirit. My Church is built upon the foundation of the Apostles, with Jesus as the cornerstone. There also is the invisible Church of which you speak.

I asked you before about your visible Church, if it had any of the signs of my visible Church? Does it pleas tell?

Quote:
Are you going to revert back to your original visible Church, the Church of your baptism? If not I will leave you where you are.

You seem to have a problem understanding who your enemies are. Your enemies are not flesh and blood. I am flesh and blood so I am not your enemy, but you treat me as one. I sincerely hope you get everything you hope for.
My enemies are the enemies of Christ. Christ and I have the same enemies. Christ taught that the world (flesh and blood) would hate his disciples just as it hated him.

Paul never taught that only the demons are our enemies. Instead what he taught is that the Christians' real warfare is not against flesh and blood. I never said I was at war with you or at war with any unbeliever.

So, tell us: What must we do to be saved? What must we do to be justified in God's eyes? You obviously don't agree with what was said to the jailer. So, what is your version of the gospel?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)