Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
craigbraddick

Opening up for HANA Members...

Hi People:

As some of you know, I am the Announcer at Arapahoe Park, and have been asked to come up with some suggestions for next years race meet and would appreciate the input of my fellow HANA members.

1. In 2010 there will be thirty nine days (as opposed to thirty six in 2009) and there will be across the board purse increases of 8%. This has already been confirmed and the money is held in trust for that purpose.

2. I am proposing a three day a week meet (we will still have twenty seven races per week) with ten races on the Saturday and Sunday with a 2pm post time and although we currently have 25 minute gaps between post times, i am going to propose moving it to 29 or 30 minutes. We will try to time the races to fit inbetween bigger venues.

3. For Fridays I am proposing a seven race program starting at 5pm, last race at 8pm. It is still plenty light enough at that time and after racing, there can be a disco or a live band in the basement. I would propose a $3 admission with $1 beer, hot dogs, burgers, etc. Any other suggestions welcome...

4. Every day inside a program we will give away four $50 betting vouchers to lucky winners, for the next days racing.

5. Take Outs: I am going to suggest a progressive takeout on all wagers. Simply put the greater the stake the less the take out. The percentages would need to be worked out but I think this is a way we can reward the horseplayer and not undermine the $2 fun players.

6. We currently have a TV show on Altitude TV which costs money. Would the money be better spent updating our website, podcasts, etc?

7. Introduction of a new wager. I am very open to ideas here. My idea at the moment is a "Super 7" where you pick one horse to finish in the top three in the last seven races of the day. Race by race, we announce the amount of tickets still in to build up the excitement and perhaps by the last race, give the num ber of winning tickets each horse in the last is ridning on. The winner gets the pot or it shared if more than one. And of course, if no winners it is carried over to the next "Super 7"

8. I am also proposing to do away with the Quinella wager and replace it with another fun wager and am open to suggestions for that.

Regards

Craig
craigbraddick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)