Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #10
JustMissed

Please, please show me an example!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory
Value betting is not a gimmick -- it is the fundamental mathematical principle of making a profit on any investment, horse-racing or otherwise, that involves anything less than a 100% chance of a guaranteed return of a certain amount. Same thing applies when you buy a stock, or start a business -- pretty much any investment, and all it means is that the potential return must justify the risk. That's it.
GT, Thanks for your reply.

If value betting is not a gimmick-please show me an example using "fundamental mathematical principles".

I am not sure what the correct term is, but I will use "urban myth" for lack of a better word. Isn't "value betting" somewhat an urban myth?

You guys read about it and it seemed to make sense and more importantly you believed it would help you make more money but in reality, there is no such thing.

Perhaps you are confusing value betting with calculating your edge.

Thanks,

JM
JustMissed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)