Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #73
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I've pretty much tried to ignore most of what Hcap posts. By 'ignore' I mean read them/don't respond/just burn and move on...a lost cause, IMO. By 'lost cause' I mean his refusal to take to heart the many criticisms of his demeaning writing style/comments aimed at mostly, but not limited to, posters here. He is capable of offering up reasonable opinions; the rub is when they can't stand alone.

Also, I see most of the so-called "disrespectful" retorts aimed at Hcap as usually counterpunches. In your example, post #22 followed post #19. Counterpunches can certainly escalate, if provoked often enough. It's also why I added my two cents, where normally I would just 'move on.'

In addition, I understand that Boxcar's religious convictions can irritate some who are less so inclined, such as yourself and Hcap. However, in this particular political thread I could see the point that he was trying convey...like I said, the majority could relate to it.

Whatever the impetus was for Boxcar starting this thread, personal slurs against what is thought to be his intentions is uncalled for. To be fair, THAT is where the brakes should have been applied...IMO.
I disagree. IMO...the "brakes" should have been applied when you called for the "respect" that boxcar's posting style doesn't deserve, IMO. When boxcar starts respecting the conflicting opinions of others...then those conflicting opinions will respect boxcar's point of view. Respect is EARNED...it cannot be demanded.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)