Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #67
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Did you say "some bad people and their bad actions"?

You really need to get out more.

The Law of Distrust is as plain as the nose on your face, but you'd rather bite off your nose to spite your face. I have given numerous everyday, common examples of how the law is applied by every single one us. Here's another one, Humpty, that you can add to the list and that I personally experienced very recently.

A few days ago, I deposited 8K into one of MY bank accounts. But before the bank could process the deposit, they required my driver's license -- even though I provided them with the account number on the deposit slip and my ATM card. Of course, the bank, acting as an agent for the IRS (another reason to hate the income system), apparently didn't TRUST me. Perhaps they had in mind to file a SARs report with the IRS.

Anyhow...the point is (because I know you will want to miss it) is that this little incident neatly demonstrates the Law in action. After all...the Law states: All people unknown to others are presumed by others to be untrustworthy until they can prove otherwise.

As far as this Law and the Constitution is concerned, the framers clearly did not have a lot of trust for government. Bone up on American history, why the British colonialists migrated here to this country, etc. Even your low wattage anointed one, who is hardly the brightest bulb in the factory, clearly understood that the founding fathers' sole purpose in establishing the nation's government was to limit its power because government was not to be trusted. This is precisely why they established three co-equal branches, so that each branch would be a check on the other two.

Also, this is why the electoral college was firmly established, especially when the 12 Amendment was ratified. The central idea behind the electoral college was to AVOID investing all power in one body of people, thereby circumventing a pure democracy. The genius behind the electoral college was to dencentralize power -- divide the power among the people of each sovereign state, thereby effectively avoiding mob rule, which is what a pure democracy is.

So, yes, the U.S. Constitution actually reflects the universal principle of Distrust. This is why we're not a monarchy, not a totalitarian state or a pure democracy.

Live it, love it and learn it.
Amen Brother. One of the best posts I've read on this Forum.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)