Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #25
Poindexter

If past posting is going on, wouldn't it be ridiculously easy to pinpoint where it is coming from? Horse breaks on top by 2, huge crush on the odds, where did the money come from? Horse breaks last, goes fro 6/5 to 2-1, were there any late cancels? where from........next suspicious race... Seems to me like if anyone with power to do anything cared they could get to the bottom of this pretty quickly and pretty easily. I honestly do not think they care, because racing feels their bottom line is all that matters and the betting public expects to lose anyhow, so what is the difference?

Next question is are we as horseplayers willing to accept the windows being shut down prior to off to verify the integrity of the pools even though it means that we may get stuck with a horse who breaks through the gate or act up at the gate or in harness racing break before the start (I get stuck with all of those anyhow thanks to the delay). To me the answer is absolutely yes, but others?

To me the #1 change we need to demand as bettors is that windows be closed prior to off (if nothing else but to free us from the concern that past posting can or is going on). But given the cost, would horseplayers collectively push for this. Maybe some think the game is honest and like the convenience of betting at the last few seconds, maybe some think the ability to cancel very late is a greater good. I just don't know what can be done (other than walking away from the game), if we all (or at least most of us) cannot agree on what needs to be done.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)