Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #18
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishfever View Post
Here is a thing to consider. Not all facilities are created equal. When you watch the video feed on the monitors there is a delay between the satellite linkup and the video you are watching. Some places like the Red Mile in Lexington paid a premium to get real-time video vs lagged video at other simulcast facilities.

This gave bettors a huge advantage as they could see the breaks and bet accordingly or lineups in harness racing. They also had a teller cancel feature so in essence there was approximately 15s they had to cancel bets whereas you had zero seconds if your facility had no teller cancel feature. I know my facility used to have it and it was eliminated.

I never thought to test the actual off time of a race to off-track video feeds but you would need to sync measurement to 1/100ths of a second and see how much lag there was. Now sometimes you get shutout as you see horses coming off the turn on your video but in reality the gates have opened.
this is old news already, everyone knows after the bell takes place at The Red Mile, Dover, and Harrington. but as far as i know they are only getting down after the bell for harness races. we need to know where to go for thoroughbreds and i think i know the place.

but when you think about it, if the bell stays open for harness, why wouldn't it for thoroughbreds somewhere?
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)