Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Florida Derby
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

top 5

Shanghai Bobby - The fact that he lost last time to IMLD should help his odds a little. He galloped out very well in the Holy Bull. All things considered, the HB was a fair race. SB had the rail(however you want to weight that factor), but with the 1 1/16 track configuration(and the 9F too) the inside is also a benefit. I won't be surprised if he wins, but I have him as 3rd best.

Pick of the Litter - I have him 4th best, as well as the biggest chance of displacing a chalk for an in-the-money finish. Showed ability to leave from the gate, take back, and finish strong in mdn win.

Itsmyluckyday - most athletic, arguably most talented runner. I'm not 100% sure he is a 9F horse. Most likely to impress or disappoint.

Frac Daddy - Draw a line through his Holy Bull race. The fact that a ton went wrong should help his odds. Unfortunately, he has never in his career appeared to be at the level of the big three. 5th contender.

Orb - Top contender. Classy style. Early pace figs in Fountain of Youth are competitive with Shanghai Bobby and Itsmyluckyday's early pace figs in the Holy Bull. Biggest concern is holding or improving form. Ideally would improve on the the final 1/16th in the FOY.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)