Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 08:54 PM   #750
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
How about just paying the winners like sports books do when you win a sports bet?

When the game is officially over, they don't 'review' the game to see if they want to go back in time and not pay off the winner, when the buzzer sounds and your team is ahead, you get paid.

I know it's a novel concept.
During play of a game, the game can be stopped and a ruling issued before play continues. In horse racing, this is not possible.
Furthermore, those who have bets on the fouled horse, do they not have a legitimate beef when their horse is denied a position based on the rule breaching actions of another horse?
Have you never had your horse fouled or impeded and thought that you were the victim of a bad non call?
It cuts both ways.
I would rather see a rules violation punished and a good faith effort to rectify that breach with a proper placing of the finishers.
Loo, I've been pulled down more than I've been pulled forward. I have also seen where my horse has been impeded and no call was made to adjust the order of finish....In other words, IMO they 'missed' it
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most