Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 08:06 PM   #18
Vinnie

Can Fierceness get off first, take a clear lead and essentially run and hide from the rest of the field in the Derby? Well, it would appear that he seemingly and clearly possesses the ability to do just that. However, I would say that he has a lot going against him in his attempt to see that plan come into fruition in this year's running of the KY Derby. He is running with 19 other horses and several that will be gunning for the front regardless. I believe the connections of Dornoch and possibly Track Phantom (Blinkers added) are of the belief that it just so happens to be the best path of success for their horses in this race. Come hell or high water they will be pressing Fierceness on the front end for the lead. This facet alone will in all likelihood create more pace than Fierceness is comfortable with. It will be interesting to see what Post Position he draws. With regard to Sierra Leone, I don't believe it is as important as he will probably settle in comfortably from wherever he may be drawn. Fierceness isn't a large horse, so, any jostling or bumping that might occur during the initial stages of the race won't be of any sort of benefit to him as well. Sierra Leone is my primary win bet and I will key him with hopefully a handful of prices underneath in the exotics. I am not entirely crazy, however. Additionally, I will be playing a couple of exotic tickets with Fierceness keyed on top with hopefully some longer prices underneath.

Best of Luck and Skill to all. Have a Fantastic Derby!!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka

Last edited by Vinnie; 04-26-2024 at 08:11 PM. Reason: wording
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom