Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 03:55 AM   #5660
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Perhaps Dispensationalists think the bible is a big inkblot needing psychological interpretation but I don't. I see words that I interpret. And it's not as I say, for the context of the passage in Revelations 4 has absolutely nothing to do with the Second Coming, which is quite odd since this is when the rapture will occur.
And both passages I quoted establishes this truth.
It goes to show just how gullible literal minded Christians will swallow anything and chastise each other for differing Rorschach test interpretations. As I said the "Left Behind" movies and books are absurd and these rapture ready adherents are responsible for turning aspects of Christianity into "cargo culters".....

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...lts-melanesia/

.....Patrols of the Australian Government venturing into the "uncontrolled" central highlands of New Guinea in 1946 found the primitive people there swept up in a wave of religious excitement. Prophecy was being fulfilled: The arrival of the Whites was the sign that the end of the world was at hand. The natives proceeded to butcher all of their pigs-animals that were not only a principal source of subsistence but also ,symbols of social status and ritual preeminence in their culture. They killed these valued animals in expression of the belief that after three days of darkness "Great Pigs" would appear from the sky. Food, firewood and other necessities had to be stock-piled to see the people through to the arrival of the Great Pigs. Mock wireless antennae of bamboo and rope had been erected to receive in advance the news of the millennium. Many believed that with the great event they would exchange their black skins for white ones."

Last edited by hcap; 02-26-2018 at 03:57 AM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom