Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #15
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
You can't be more anti drugs than I am, but we have to be careful. Sometimes the cure can be worse than the disease. We are trying to clean up the sport, but not at a cost of driving more people out of it because the regulations are too onerous/costly to deal with and/or the risk of ignorance by an owner or stable hand can get you in legal hot water. I hope it's done well or people will leave.
This is reasonable as a gambler's POV, but it doesn't work for the government. I don't think government regulators should ever think "if I impose the correct regulation, it will put this discretionary activity out of business" or something similar. If there's no way to run horse racing cleanly, then the correct thing for them to do IS put us out of business. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true. It's our sport's obligation to figure out a way to clean it up, not the government's obligation to let us run anyway if we can't.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)